Thursday 20 June 2013

I received some wonderful news!

So about a week ago i had the delightful news that i was nominated for the 'Leibster blog award'. It thrilled me that people are actually reading my blog let alone giving me kudos about it. Chuffed isn't enough of a word to describe it. I then got given 11 questions to answer about my blog and my life. I want to thank Heidi for the chance to do this!
What a wonderful girl :)


'If you've not heard of the Leibster Award, I know what you're thinking, what on earth is a 'Leibster'? Leibster is a German word meaning; sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Cute hey? Blogging is all about building a community & its an amazing way to connect with other bloggers & spread the word about new blogs.'

Here are the rules:
  • Each nominee should answer 11 questions from the person who nominated them
  • Choose 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to pass the award to and link them in your post
  • Tell them about their nomination. No tag backs

Whats your guilty pleasure?
Starting off with a tough one i see. Well a guilty pleasure of mine, its gonna sound gross so be prepared, i love clicking my toes on everything. The wall, my bed post and more often then not, my boyfriends leg in bed when he's asleep. Sorry about that Joe.

What do you love to do when you're not blogging?
I love to walk, i walk everywhere with my headphones in too. It's like having a personal soundtrack to your day. I love catching up on 'Mad Men', the characters costumes inspire me so much. I love writing blog post ideas in my notebook, or painting. I try to fit a lot into my life around my full time supervisor job. My days off are precious to me.

What inspires your blog?
Anything i write here will be deemed cliche but life inspires my blog. Seriously, it sounds like I'm trying out for Miss World but honestly it does. It's somewhere i can put my creative thoughts in order and on screen. Where i can vent, i can create and join in with something so huge. I originally wanted my blog to be fashion based but life and fashion intertwine so romantically that i can't resist spilling my heart out whilst writing outfit posts.

Who do you look up to the most for your beauty and fashion choices?
I look for the chance to be part of a variety. I love that one day i wake up thinking i want to be purely 40's inspired with my hair, makeup and clothes. So pinned and curled hair, a very fitted pencil skirt with a tucked in blouse and a vintage scarf. For this i look right at Christina Hedgewick from Mad Men. She has an incredible wardrobe!
Then the next day i could be down right grungy (this is usually an off day after a week if work) or dress to what's current trends like a chunky gold necklace, a cropped tee and cigarette 'pants' with some flat=forms. For my more casual style i look towards Alexa Chung.

What do you love most about blogging?
I love that i feel apart of this huge life sharing community. Soppy but true. I've met some wonderful people! I love reading about other bloggers lives and i love everyone's pictures! It's so inspiring.

Whats your ultimate way to chill out?
Cliche but watching films, reading blog's and the pub with my friends. Though that does end up being messy majority of the time.

Where do you feel most at home? 
My bedroom, I've made it my perfect sanctuary. 

What are your staple beauty products that you just couldn't be without?
Oh this is a good one, i'm gonna say Moroccan oil, Maxfactor foundation and liquid eyeliner. Seriously could not bear to be without these things.

Where would you most like to travel to and why?
New York. It's been a dream to go since i could remember, i'd like to stay in the hotel from 'Home Alone'
and have cocktails down town. Honeymoon there perhaps.


Do you have any really bad, embarrassing habits?
I want to say no but like everyone i probably do.


Early Bird or Night Owl?
Could i say both? I go bed late then wake up early, perhaps it explains why in so tired all the time. I do prefer early mornings because it feels the right thing to do you know?


I now want to nominate a few bloggers of my own that i love to follow and read. 

Truly inspirational.



Elle May
Kerry Brown
Kelsey McCann

I would love to nominate more newbies but everyone i follow atm has LOADS of followers! So don't wanna break the rules :P

Here are your questions!

1) What is your favorite possession?
2) What do you enjoy about blogging?
3) Where was your last wonderful holiday?
4) What do you get up to when your not blogging?
5) What is your worst pet peeve?
6) Where would you like to travel to and why?
7) What would you do if you had an unlimited amount of money?
8) What year would you go to if you could time travel, past or future?
9) What is your beauty regime in the morning?
10) Who are your style icons?
11) And finally, favorite month and why?

Hope these questions aren't too boring and pass along the happy thoughts!
Can't wait to see your answers!

2 comments:

  1. So lovely that you were nominated, such a thoughtful idea of Heidi's :) Thank you so much for the nomination too, you are the sweetest!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i was really touched by it all :) Hope you enjoy your questions! Really looking forward to reading them :)

      You're welcome darling xxx

      Delete